Friday 13 July 2012

The Beginning

Well here it is- a stock standard 1996 Vw Citi golf MK1 Chico 1.6 and my goal is to turn it from this 4x4 curb clearing economical student favourite into a lean mean track day machine that'll be used as a daily driver as well.

Now its important to know that I'm not a mechanic, nor a race driver but like every other average guy out there I love cars and going fast.
I've been into cars my whole life and love taking something ordinary and making it extraordinary, unfortunately this also costs a fair amount of money so I will be attempting to do this on a budget giving you a breakdown of all expenses involved.

This particular car has 187,000km's on but has a full service history, having said that after spending R10,000.00 on purchasing the car I've already spent more than half that on repairs and broken down in the process. It just goes to show a full service history does not guarantee a reliable vehicle if the mileage is excessive.

I have a good idea of what I'll be doing to the vehicle but like with everything in life it's not set in stone:
1. Suspension
2. Mags and tyres
3. Graphics
4. Exhaust
5. Body stiffening
6. Engine mods
7. Interior mods

Next time I will give a breakdown of expenses thus far and new pics with the lowered suspension!
Zaine

No comments:

Post a Comment