Saturday 14 July 2012

VW MK1 - Project Kermit


Having watched many TV shows about restorations/modifications such as Overhaulin, Rides, Desert Car Kings, Street Customs and Pimp My Ride to name a few it seems customary to name your car/project. With the car being so GREEN there was only one logical choice - Project Kermit and being a hatchback with the single round headlights it kinda looks like a frog anyway!

Heres a breakdown of the expenses so far:
1. Car cost R10,000
2. Supa Quick - Water pump, dipstick, flush cooling system R2,154
3. RSi Body Works - Body touch ups R2,484
4. Supa Quick - Brake master cylinder, distributor cap R 1,653
Total R16,291

As you can clearly see on the front bumper there is a nice chunk of paint missing even though I've just had the body touched up and the reason for that is on the same day I got it back from the touch ups the brakes failed and I went into the back of a Corsa bakkie, fortunately it was at low speed and no cars were seriously hurt in the incident.
You may also have noticed there's no stickers on the car, I had them all removed as I'm a big fan of the 'Clean' look. For this project I want a blend of new and old school, I like to look at whats been done and then formulate my own ideas, it must be unique and not follow the thousands of other golf's out there - I would never copy someone else's idea but I have been known to set a few trends over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment